Invitation to submit
We invite you to present at Australasian Computer Science Week (ACSW) 2019.
Macquarie University, Sydney, 29 – 31 January 2019
ACSW consists of several conferences covering a wide range of topics in Computer Science and related areas. This conference is attended by many national and international delegates comprising HDR students and distinguished academics from all over the world in computer science.
The conference week has been running in some form continuously since 1978. This makes it one of the longest running conferences in Computer Science.
Authors are invited to submit papers that present original and unpublished research on topics directly to the relevant conference.
As with previous years, registration for ACSW will enable delegates to attend sessions in any conference participating or co-located in the Australasian Computer Science Week.
ACSW 2019 Satellite Conferences
- Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE2019)
- Australasian Information Security Conference (AISC 2019)
- Australasian Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing (AusPDC 2019)
- Australasian Web Conference (AWC 2019)
- Australasian Workshop on Health Informatics and Knowledge Management (HIKM 2019)
- Interactive Entertainment (IE 2019)
- Asia-Pacific Conference on Conceptual Modelling (APCCM 2019)
- Australasian Database Conference (ADC 2019)
ACSW 2019 Submission Information
The ACSW 2019 Proceedings will be published in ACM International Series.
Papers should be formatted according to ACM conference paper formatting guidelines ACM SIG Proceedings Templates, using the sigconf format.
The following guidelines must be met for all submissions:
- Submissions must be in English.
- Submissions must not exceed 10 pages for full papers and 4 pages for short papers.
- Submissions must be in PDF format. Other formats will not be accepted.
- Submissions must clearly state the problem being addressed, the goal of the work, the results achieved, and the relation to other work.
- Submissions must be original contributions that have not been published previously, nor already submitted to other conferences or journals in parallel with this conference.
- Authors must choose the appropriate satellite conference or workshop for your submission.
- Papers are to be submitted via the ACSW 2019 Easy Chair Submission Site.
Please click the link below to submit your paper. Upon logging into the system please select “New Submission” and proceed through the steps for submission.
Papers for ACE, ADC and APCCM require separate submission and have different proceedings requirements to ACSW. Authors should refer to the below notes to make submissions for these conferences.
Easy Chair Submission Site
ACM SIG Proceedings Templates
Important information for ACE, ADC and APCCM authors
Australasian Computing Education Conference
Authors wishing to submit a paper for ACE 2019 should visit the ACE conference website for templates and to submit papers.
Note ACE has different proceedings requirements to ACSW so authors must use templates provided via the ACE website.
Australasian Database Conference
Authors wishing to submit a paper for ADC 2019 should visit the following ADC Easy Chair page for further information and to submit papers.
Note ADC has different proceedings requirements to ACSW so authors must use templates provided via the ADC weblink.
Asia-Pacific Conference on Conceptual Modelling
Authors wishing to submit a paper for APCCM 2019 should visit the APCCM conference website for templates and to submit papers.
ACSW 2019 Registration
All presenters will be required to register for ACSW 2019 and pay the appropriate registration fee. Presenters also need to meet their own travel and accommodation costs.
ACSW 2019 Conference Chairs
Should you have any questions regarding paper submission for associated ACSW conferences please contact the relevant Conference Chair as listed below:
Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE2019)
Australasian Information Security Conference (AISC 2019)
|Dan Dongseong Kimfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Australasian Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing (AusPDC 2019)||Deepak Puthalemail@example.com|
|Australasian Web Conference (AWC 2019)||Yan Wangfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Australasian Workshop on Health Informatics and Knowledge Management (HIKM 2019)||Tony Sahamaemail@example.com|
|Interactive Entertainment (IE 2019)||Dale Pattersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Asia-Pacific Conference on Conceptual Modelling (APCCM 2019)||Junhu Wangemail@example.com|
|Australasian Database Conference (ADC 2019)||Alan Feketefirstname.lastname@example.org|
At the time of the Conference
Tips for preparing your presentation
Your presentation should be created and presented in PowerPoint. Each room will be equipped for the presentation of PowerPoint slides and include a data-projector, laptop, lectern and microphone.
Please ensure your presentation is brought to the conference on a USB Stick for uploading. Embed any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files.
Find our ‘how to design a great PowerPoint presentation’ here.
We also suggest the following:
- All text should be in PowerPoint, preferably in light text on a dark background.
- PowerPoint should be in 16:9 aspect ratio.
- There should be no more than 5 x 1 line bullet points per slide.
- Optimum title text is 45 – 55 points and no smaller than 36 points.
- Body text should be at least 26 points.
- Avoid UPPERCASE letters as they are hard to read.
Presenters will take their PowerPoint slides to the conference on a USB stick for uploading.
Video and audio clips should be embedded in your Power Point slides rather than linking to external files.
If you have a complex presentation, which includes multiple media files, we suggest you bring your own laptop as a backup in case of difficulties loading your presentation.
- Session Chair Guidelines (coming soon)
- Presenter Guidelines (coming soon)
Each session room will be equipped for the presentation of PowerPoint slides and include a data-projector, laptop, lectern and microphone.