Thank you for presenting at the 2020 Australasian Computer Science Week.
Please check the online conference program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- Please bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB. (Embed any content such as audio or video – don’t link to external files).
- Go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the Session Chair and volunteer, familiarise yourself with the room and audio visual set up, and upload your presentation slides.
- There will be volunteers roaming between the session rooms to assist with loading presentation files and to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program.
- Note the presentation computers do not have presenter view. If you have notes to read from for your presentation we recommend printing these out and bringing them with you on the day.
- Please ensure your PowerPoint presentations are in 16:9 aspect as 4:3 aspect (square) presentations will not fill the venue’s screens
- The conference will seek your consent to post your presentation slides to the conference website following the event, you will receive an email following the conference with a link which will allow you indicate your consent online.
- Volunteers will unlock computer terminals in each room at least 15 minutes before the commencement of each session. If the computer terminal is locked please contact a volunteer or inform your session chair.
During the Session
- Please sit in the front row so you can move to the lectern quickly when introduced by the Session Chair.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. We do not want to embarrass you, however the Session Chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, to keep the program to time.
- There will be volunteers roaming between the session rooms to assist with trouble shooting any technical issues should they arise.
- The Session Chair will flash time cards at 5 minutes, 2 minutes and 1 minute prior to the end of your session.
- At the end of your allocated time the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately.
- The chair will only be able to field questions if you have finished in time.
- At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion.
- If you have any queries, please direct these to the registration desk during the conference, or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conference.
There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired).
Please note photos will be taken throughout the event. If you do not wish for your photo to be taken, please inform the photographer.