2020 ACSW ECR/HDR Workshops and Tutorials
The following activities will take place at ACSW 2020 which are tailored for ECR’S and HDR’s. More information will be released as planning proceeds.
- AWS Educate: A tutorial on how to use Amazon Web Services
Led by AWS experts
- Discovery Early Career Researcher Award workshop and panel: A panel on how to apply for an ARC DECRA.
Dr. Li Li, Monash
- Panel: Industry and Academia Collaboration: A panel on how to build and run industry collaborations, with successful members of the CS community
James Davern, Swinburne
- Multimedia for Social Good: Real Time Situation Awareness via Video Analysis
Dr. Xiaojun Chang, Monash
- Software Analytics in Action: A Hands-on Tutorial on Analyzing and Modelling Software Data
Dr. Chakkrit (Kla) Tantithamthavorn, Monash
- Introduction to Machine Learning: Technical tutorials in topics such as machine learning, software analytics and multimedia.
Prof. Wray Buntine, Monash
- AI with Deep learning (Intermediate): This intermediate-level workshop introduces how to implement and integrate the latest deep learning algorithm into your research by using the HPC cluster.
Zongyuan Ge, Chris Watkins and Gin Tan
- Introduction to Research Ethics & Integrity: Research ethics and integrity is a vital component of how you design and conduct research. In this introductory session on Research Ethics & Integrity we will look at the core principals of research ethics and integrity, how this applies to different research methods and what standards and guidelines are out there to facilitate ethical research in Australia.
- Posters and Lightning Talks: A set of lightning talks and posters, given by both senior and early career academics
The following sessions are run by Health Informatics and Knowledge Management please visit the HIKM website for more details and to register. Please note this is a separate registration to ACSW.
- Introduction to building powerful conversational interfaces – how to create custom chatbots with Google Dialogflow
- Health Data Assets and Data Governance at the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Introduction to Digital Health Research
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Science from the Command Line (Unix shell)
For more information please refer to the program