Thank you for presenting at the 2019 Australasian Computer Science Week.
Please check the online conference program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- Please bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB. (Embed any content such as audio or video – don’t link to external files)
- Go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the Session Chair and AV technician, familiarise yourself with the room and audio visual set up, and upload your presentation slides.
- There will be technicians roaming between the session rooms to assist with loading presentation files and to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program.
- Note the presentation computers do not have presenter view. If you have notes to read from for your presentation we recommend printing these out and bringing them with you on the day.
- Please ensure your PowerPoint presentations are in 16:9 aspect as 4:3 aspect (square) presentations will not fill the venue’s screens
- The conference will seek your consent to post your presentation slides to the conference website following the event. Consent forms will be available in your presentation room and should be signed before your presentation.
- A set of credentials will be provided in each room should presenters need to log into the computer terminal. Note terminals automatically log out after 4 hours. We recommend logging out and logging back in prior to the commencement of each session to avoid disruption to presentations. Session Chairs and AV technicians will be on hand to assist with this.
During the Session
- Please sit in the front row so you can move to the lectern quickly when introduced by the Session Chair.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. We do not want to embarrass you, however the Session Chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, to keep the program to time.
- There will be technicians roaming between the session rooms to assist with trouble shooting any technical issues should they arise.
- The Session Chair will flash time cards at 5 minutes, 2 minutes and 1 minute prior to the end of your session.
- At the end of your allocated time the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately.
- The chair will only be able to field questions if you have finished in time.
- At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion.
- If you have any queries, please direct these to the registration desk during the conference, or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conference.
There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired).