We invite you to join us for the 2020 Australasian Computer Science Week (ASCW) being held at Swinburne University Melbourne, Victoria 3 – 7 February.
ACSW is the premier event for Computer Science researchers across Australasia, organised under the governing auspices of Computing Research and Education (CORE) Association of Australasia.
2020 ACSW will include an exciting stream focused on training opportunities for Early Career Researchers and Higher Degree students in addition to the traditional sub-conferences.
More information regarding invited speakers and programmed events will be released via our new look ASCW website as planning proceeds. We encourage you to check the website regularly for updates.
We look forward to seeing you in Melbourne.
Prem Prakash Jayaraman
Chair, 2020 ACSW
Please note that CORE will provide partial Funding Grants for students authors who have papers accepted to ACSW 2020 and who will be presenting their work at the conference.
Applications close Monday 25 November
Acceptance Notification for CORE Travel Award: Saturday 30th Nov 2019
If you have any queries, please send them to email@example.com.
- Government representatives
- Policy makers within government
- PhD Students
Please contact the team at Conference Design for all conference enquiries.
- 03 6231 299
- International +61 3 6231 2999
2020 ACSW ECR/HDR Workshops and Tutorials
The following activities will take place at ACSW 2020 which are tailored for ECR’S and HDR’s. More information will be released as planning proceeds.
- AWS Educate: A tutorial on how to use Amazon Web Services
Led by AWS experts
- Discovery Early Career Researcher Award workshop and panel: A panel on how to apply for an ARC DECRA.
Dr. Li Li, Monash
- ACS accreditation process reform consultation and accreditation Q and A: A panel on how to prepare for ACS and EA accreditation.
A/Prof. Sebastian Ng, Swinburne
- Panel: Industry and Academia Collaboration: A panel on how to build and run industry collaborations, with successful members of the CS community
James Davern, Swinburne
- Multimedia for Social Good: Real Time Situation Awareness via Video Analysis
Dr. Xiaojun Chang, Monash
- Software Analytics in Action: A Hands-on Tutorial on Analyzing and Modelling Software Data
Dr. Chakkrit (Kla) Tantithamthavorn, Monash
- Introduction to Machine Learning: Technical tutorials in topics such as machine learning, software analytics and multimedia.
Prof. Wray Buntine, Monash
- AI with Deep learning (Intermediate): This intermediate-level workshop introduces how to implement and integrate the latest deep learning algorithm into your research by using the HPC cluster.
Zongyuan Ge, Chris Watkins and Gin Tan
- Posters and Lightning Talks: A set of lightning talks and posters, given by both senior and early career academics
The following sessions are run by Health Informatics and Knowledge Management please visit the HIKM website for more details and to register. Please note this is a separate registration to ACSW.
- Introduction to Research Ethics & Integrity
- Introduction to building powerful conversational interfaces – how to create custom chatbots with Google Dialogflow
- Health Data Assets and Data Governance at the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Introduction to Digital Health Research
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Science from the Command Line (Unix shell)
|Conference Name||Submissions Deadline||Author Notifications||Camera-Ready|
|Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE 2020)||13th October||10th November||27th November|
|Australasian Information Security Conference (AISC 2020)||20th October||17th November||15th December|
|Australasian Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing (AusPDC 2020)||20th October||10th November||15th December|
|Australasian Web Conference (AWC 2020)||13th October||10th November||15th December|
|Australasian Workshop on Health Informatics and Knowledge Management (HIKM 2020)||6th October||7th November||15th December|
|Interactive Entertainment (IE 2020)||13th October||11th November||15th December|
|Australasian Database Conference (ADC 2020)||30th September||21st October||24th November|
- Dr. Prem Prakash Jayaraman, Swinburne University of Technology – Chair, 2020 ACSW
- Prof. Dimitrios Georgakopoulos, Swinburne University of Technology – Chair, 2020 ACSW
- Prof. Timos Sellis, Swinburne University of Technology – Chair, 2020 ACSW
- Dr. Caslon Chua, Swinburne University of Technology – Sponsorship
- Dr. Abdur Forkan, Swinburne University of Technology – Publications
- Dr. Rui Zhou, Swinburne University of Technology – Publications
- Dr. Ahsan Morshed, Central Queensland University – Conference Liaison
- Dr. Abhik Banerjee, Swinburne University of Technology – Publicity
- Dr. Kewen Liao, Australian Catholic University – Posters and Lightning Talks
- Dr. Pei-Wei Tsai, Swinburne University of Technology – Posters and Lightning Talks
- Ali Hassani, Deakin University – Web Chair
- Dr. Li Li, Monash University – Tutorials and Workshop
Venue & Destination
Swinburne is a world-ranked university leading the way in innovation, industry engagement and social inclusion. Our education, high-quality research and industry partnerships create positive change for students, staff and the community. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. A desire to innovate and bring about positive change motivates our students and staff. The result is in an institution that grows and evolves each year.